SD&G — Looking for a summer on the waves with local law enforcement?
The Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry OPP are looking for summer students to fill two fulltime “Marine Assistant” positions for the 2017 boating season.
The purpose of the program is to provide an opportunity to gain exposure and experience in the field through hands-on experience. The students will learn marine safety and related legislation, boat maintenance, prepare reports and interact with the public as a representative of the OPP. Marine students work alongside a qualified OPP marine operator on a police vessel, conducting marine checks on recreational boaters for safety equipment usage, safe vessel operations and enforcement of statute law. This includes the Canada Shipping Act 2001, Criminal Code and the Liquor Licence Act.
• be able to pass an OPP background security investigation;
• be at least 18 years of age;
• have a valid Ontario G2 (or higher) Driver’s Licence or equivalent;
• have a valid and current Pleasure Craft Operator Card;
• have valid and current CPR and First Aid certification;
• be able to swim 300 metres without stopping.
These summer jobs require “student” status — defined as someone enrolled in a secondary or post-secondary institution (currently or for the fall semester) or has graduated within the past six months.
Applications must be submitted electronically no later than Feb. 14, 2017.
For more information, or to apply, visit: www.gojobs.gov.on.ca and search for Student-Marine Assistant or job ID – 103149.