Local fire department highlighting faulty CO detectors

Ontario law requires a carbon monoxide detector in homes with fuel-burning appliances or an attached garage.

NATION VALLEY — The Chesterville Fire Station is drawing attention to three carbon monoxide detectors recently identified as faulty by Consumer Reports.

The dud units are available from some online retailers, according to the respected online publication, which advises consumers to stay away from these models:

  • NetBoat WB_H3110061 LCD Portable Security Gas CO Carbon Poisoning Monitor 
  • Foho YJ-806 LCD Portable Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Monitor Alarm
  • GoChange 882 LCD Portable Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Monitor Alarm 

Chesterville Fire Prevention Officer Mark McMillan passed the word along to Nation Valley News, noting the report has also been posted to the station’s Facebook page.

Ontario has mandated carbon monoxide detectors in homes with fuel-burning appliances and attached garages since 2014.

 

 


Advertisement — Wright Developments Inc.


Scroll down to share this article. Scroll down to search nationvalleynews.com. Scroll down to comment.