WENDOVER — Russell County OPP are seeking the public’s help identifying human remains discovered April 18 on the shore of the Ottawa River, off Division Rd., in Wendover.
The body was removed from the river and transported to Ottawa Hospital where a post mortem examination was conducted on April 19.
The unidentified human remains were determined to be a male of approximately 40 to 50 years of age and approximately six feet in height with a shaved head and facial hair described as stubble or unshaven.
The deceased was wearing:
• Size 11, black “Airwalk” running shoes, with a distinctive fluorescent yellow/green sole and tongue
• Olive coloured jacket with zipper up the front, a quilted liner and velcro wrist cuffs
• A dark long sleeved shirt with a knitted greyish/blue coloured sweater over top
• Black nylon track pants with a two tone grey strip on the side of the leg
• White or grey long underwear and maroon coloured thick wool socks
The Russell County OPP Crime Unit and Forensics Identification Services Unit (FISU) are continuing their investigation under the direction of Detective Inspector Daniel Nadeau of the OPP Criminal Investigation Branch (CIB).