The youngest guy at the gala will be the loudest – and he’s going to help raise the most money!
WINCHESTER — Have you met Brandon Scheepers? Or better yet, have you heard him? Brandon is this region’s newest auctioneer and he’ll be bringing his talents to The Red & White Gala. Not to mention – he’s only 17!
“I’ve always liked auctions and have gone to many of them with my father and grandfather. I started auctioneering last fall and have done a lot of auctions since,” he explains.
Brandon is a Grade 12 student at North Dundas District High School and lives in Winchester. He says he has a few tricks up his sleeve to get guests bidding. “I’m really looking forward to the gala and was honoured to be asked. I even made at gavel at school so I’m ready!”
In addition to live and silent auctions, there are many more fun events planned for the evening. “It’s going to be a busy night for our guests,” says Kristen Casselman, Managing Director of the WDMH Foundation. “Please bring your enthusiasm, your dancing shoes and your pocketbook!”
Here are just a few sneak-peeks:
- The first 150 people who buy a ticket to win a $1,500 Commemorative Canadian 150 diamond will also receive a free long stem red rose.
- There’s a 50/50 draw too – last year’s winner took home $875!
- Watch for crazy games, Canadian trivia and more.
- The Winchester Lions Club is running the bar and offering Canadian drink options.
- Tap your toes to the music of WDMH’s very own CEO Cholly Boland and his family and then get ready to dance the night away with The Fundamentals
- Proudly wave a Canadian flag to bid on the live auction items
- And did we mention the sea-to-sea Canadian buffet – so come hungry. You can even buy some food to go at the end of the night!
- Fundraising contests, raffles and the bar are cash only. Live and silent auctions purchases can be made using cash, cheque, Visa or MasterCard.
The gala is set for Saturday, June 3 at the Winchester Community Centre. Proceeds from the event go to the WDMH Foundation’s Family Care Fund, supporting care for families just like yours.
Tickets are now on sale for $125 each and quantities are limited. So don’t be a polite Canadian. Push your way to the front of the line and get your ticket to The Red & White Gala today. Eh!
Stop by the Foundation office in the hospital lobby or call the Foundation Office at 613-774-2422, ext. 6162 to purchase your tickets.