Nation Valley News
WINCHESTER — Excitement is building in anticipation of Thursday’s inaugural 100, rather 200 Women Who Care North Dundas event to be held at the Joel Steele Arena, Winchester from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
The seven charities hoping to win the votes of the attending women are as followed:
– WDMH asking $7,500 for a Wireless Fetal Monitor
– Chesterville & District Agricultural Society asking $6,617 for Horse Show Ring Fencing
– Community Food Share asking $10,000 for Community Learning Kitchen
– Dundas County Hospice asking $10,000 for Equipment Loan Program
– GIAG Glengarry Inter-Agency Group Dundas Youth Centre asking $10,000 Learn to Cook Simple Healthy
– Habitat for Humanity asking $8,000 for 2018 Dundas County Home Building in Williamsburg
– St. Mary’s Catholic School asking $7,000 for new Junior Playground
Doors and registration will open at 6:30. After registering attendees are invited to mingle during a Social Hour upstairs. Snacks and a wine tasting will be complimentary courtesy of Stone Crop Acres.
During that time visitors will have the opportunity to meet with the seven charities to learn more about their projects at their booths that will be set up for the night.
The voting segment of the evening will begin promptly at 7:30 p.m. Representatives from the seven charities will each have 3 minutes to ‘pitch’ their project initiatives.
Upon conclusion of the speeches, each woman will be called up to vote behind voting screens. One ballot will be cast by each participant for the charity of their choice. Ballots will be counted immediately and winners will be announced at the end of the night.
According to the event’s Chair Diane Crummy, “Charities with the most votes will determine the number of charities receiving money for their projects. We will award a 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place, and so forth, until the $20,000 has been disbursed.”
For those unable to attend it is asked that they either still submit their selected charity cheque and send it with someone who is going. They could also notify the organizing committee so that their place may be filled, as their is a waiting list.