SOUTH MOUNTAIN — Kozroots Community Empowerment Projects is excited to announce that the Eastern Ontario Garlic Festival is back again this year for it’s 4th edition! This year’s festival will be held at the South Mountain Fairgrounds. They invite the community to join them on August 19 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. as they bring local food, all-Canadian entertainment, farmers’ market vendors, garlic producers, artisans, together and so much more. This year, Simply Baked Catering will be cooking up a diverse selection of tasty locally sourced ingredients using garlic and herbs, nourishing our guests with their prepared food.
Got kids? Perfect! Seize the Day Camp will be offering short-term childcare and activities for children aged 3-12 and families throughout the day. Many workshops will also be be taking place, including:
- The Great A-Scape: Hands on learning, experimenting and tasting with the mysterious garlic scape.
- Indoor Garlic Growing: Hands on take home garlic planting and learning.
- Everything you Will Ever Need to Know About Growing and Loving Garlic: Expert and Novice Garlic Growers share their knowledge and know-how. Followed by a Q&A.
- Garlic Drawing: A lead and charcoal free-flowing garlic (and other root vegetables) sketching session.
- Kitchen Table Talks: Submit a theme, or just take a few minutes and casually join others around a kitchen table to talk about community, local food, anything that comes up. Help us record some of what folks are envisioning for moving into the future and living in our community by adding your ideas to our Vision Tree.
- Youth Idea Incubator Interactive Wall Launch: Are you a young person with ideas, vision, creative thinking, or are interested in building on these skills? Stop by and take part in a Mind Mapping session by sharing our ideas through art and words on our Incubator Interactive Wall. This will be an opportunity to be part of creating youth driven ideas in your communities, and out there in the world.
Workshops and activities will be publicized the day of the event.
There will also be a fresh and canned food drive for the two local food banks: Community Food Share & House of Lazarus and Linking Hands. Be sure to make donations on your way out!
Explore the South Mountain Fair and enjoy live musical entertainment and beer tent, kids zone, agriculture exhibits and competitions, along with a midway for added fun, and everything a country fair has to offer. http://southmountainfair.ca/entertainment/
Tickets for the Eastern Ontario Garlic Festival are $10/person. All interested vendors, artists, musicians, community partners, and volunteers are invited to contact the organizers for more information visit: http://www.kozroots.com/