Theft from vehicles
NORTH DUNDAS — Two wedding rings were among the items stolen as a thief or thieves rifled through several vehicles overnight in Mountain, Sept. 11-12.
The SD&G OPP reports that money and wallets were also taken during the spree involving vehicles parked at residences on Maurice Street, Christina Crescent and St. John Street. An investigation is ongoing.
The incident has the detachment reminding residents to “Lock it or Lose it.”
“By taking simple preventative measures, such as confirming your vehicle is locked and by placing items of value out of sight or removing valuable items from your vehicle altogether, victimization can be avoided,” police say.
The SD&G OPP offer the following tips:
• Always roll up your vehicle’s windows, lock the doors and pocket the key;
• If you have a garage, use it and lock the door as well as your vehicle;
• Keep your vehicle registration certificate/proof of insurance on you at all times;
• Always park your vehicle in a well-lit area;
• Never leave valuable objects or packages in full view. Put them in the trunk;
• Never leave your vehicle unattended while it is running.
Construction packer stolen
SOUTH DUNDAS — A construction packer was stolen overnight from a County Rd. 4 property. SD&G OPP officers responded to the theft around 10:15 a.m on Sept. 11.
The stolen unit is described as a Wacker DPU 6055 with VIN 148927 and unit number 724.
Tools, lawnmower, truck tires stolen
SOUTH STORMONT — Sometime overnight, culprits entered a garage and removed truck tires, various tools and a lawnmower from a Napier Street property.
The theft was brought to the SD&G OPP’s attention shortly after 6 p.m. on Sept. 12.