RUSSELL — The Kin Club of Russell’s roasting of long-time resident and family doctor, Dr. Darrell Menard, will see the proceeds going towards a future pool project in the Russell Township area. The hilarious soiree “Roasted Doc à la Menard” will take place Saturday, December 1, at the Embrun Community Centre and has already sold more than half of the fifty plus tables. “We have about 20 tables left” said project chair Doug Anthony, “they’ve sold like hotcakes!”.
The Kin Club of Russell decided to choose the pool project for a number of reasons;
- Firstly, Dr. Menard had requested the proceeds of the event go towards something that would benefit the health of the township – the pool was the perfect choice.
- The Russell Township’s 2015 Parks and recreation master plan (page 43) shows 89 percent of responding residents want an indoor pool.
- The Kin Club of Russell’s 2018 survey of residents showed 92 percent of responding residents wanted a pool project as the next one for the township.
- A number of Russell Township 2018 candidates, including the current Mayor Pierre Leroux, have cited a new pool as their priority for the next four years.
- The Club Optimiste d’Embrun (splashpad) as well as hundreds of dedicated service and charity organizations throughout Canada have started fundraising for projects well before they were even considered by their municipal government.
At this time, only full tables of eight are still available, either $320.00 for eight individuals, or corporate tables are available through the Kin Club of Russell at 613-445-6483 or firstname.lastname@example.org The event will feature a jazz band, hors d’oeuvres, live auction and a two part roast of Doctor Menard.