Candidate for South Dundas Deputy Mayor
William (Bill) Ewing
63 years old
Owner/Operator – Bill’s Towing and Recovery
1. What prompted your decision to run for deputy mayor this time?
I have been on the South Dundas council for nine years. With the retirement of the Deputy Mayor, I felt it was an opportunity to move up. Listening to people’s concerns, being involved in the community and being a part of the decision making is important to me. While I may only be one voice it is an opportunity to voice the concerns of others.
2. What are the key strengths you would bring to the job if elected?
I have the knowledge and understanding of being on both sides of the table, having worked for the municipality as well as being a councillor. I am up-to-date on current issues and strongly desire to continue to be a part of the solutions.
3. What are the top few issues that you see facing the municipality?
Over the past four years several projects have remained unfinished. Two top issues are the expansion and operation of landfill sites and another is the replacement of our aging water towers.
4. Is there anything you hope to change in the municipality?
At this moment, no comment.
5. How is your message being received during this campaign?
6. Voting begins on Oct. 17 — ironically the day of marijuana legalization. The new council will have to decide soon if your municipality will permit storefront cannabis sales, or opt out altogether. Should your municipality allow pot shops or ‘just say no’?