Candidate for North Dundas Mayor
61 years old
1. What prompted your decision to run for trustee this time?
I have been Deputy Mayor for past eight years! Time to move up and finish the jobs that weren’t completed in my first 2 terms. I am retired, can be first the full-time Mayor for North Dundas.
2. What are the key strengths you would bring to the job if elected?
- I have experience & leadership , I have a background in Agriculture and business experience!
- I have lead many organizations, I have been on the management side and also the union side
- I have been a volunteer in our community for over 50 years
3. What are the top few issues that you see facing the Township?
- Parmalat environmental issues
- Road improvements and maintenance
- Roadside mowing and brushing
4. Is there anything you hope to change in the Township?
- Improve customer service for our tax paying customers
- Attract more residential and commercial growth
5. How is your message being received during this campaign?
- I am receiving very positive comments from our taxpayers
6. Voting begins on Oct. 17 — ironically the day of marijuana legalization. The new council will have to decide soon if your municipality will permit storefront cannabis sales, or opt out altogether. Should your municipality allow pot shops or ‘just say no’?
- We definitely cannot say “ No”! The new Council will have to work with the business sector, we will have to control how many outlets and where they will be situated!