Morrisburg house trailer destroyed by fire

Smith photo, Nation Valley News

MORRISBURG — A mobile home was burned out in a fire here yesterday.

Nobody was hurt in the Hill Trailer Park Rd. incident. Comments on social media suggest a pet dog and a rabbit perished in the fire and that the Oct. 13 blaze may have been caused by an electrical issue.

Morrisburg firefighters responded around 3:45 p.m.

“Yes, we do believe the fire was electrical in nature started in rear of trailer and was contained to the rear of the trailer,” said Morrisburg Deputy Fire Chief Mike Van Allen. “The rest of trailer sustained heavy smoke and water damage. Unfortunately the homeowner did lose their pets. None of the occupants sustained any injuries.”

This article was edited to include additional information from Morrisburg Deputy Fire Chief Mike Van Allen.

Smith photo (above) and video (below), Nation Valley News

 

Scroll down to share this article. Scroll down to search nationvalleynews.com. Scroll down to comment.