Board seeks public input
BROCKVILLE — The Upper Canada District School Board (UCDSB) has released a draft of its 2019-2020 school year calendar and is seeking public input.
Key features of the calendar include:
- A school year that runs from September 3, 2019 to June 26, 2020, with classes starting on September 4 and ending on June 25, 2020. Please note that a Professional Activity Day is proposed for Tuesday, September 3, to support staff planning and final preparation for the new school year.
- Semester 1 will run from September 3, 2019 to January 30, 2020.
- Semester 2 will begin on January 31, 2019 and end on June 26, 2020.
- Christmas break will run from December 23, 2019 to January 3, 2020.
- March break is scheduled from March 16, 2020 to March 20, 2020.
The deadline for public feedback is March 1. You can view and download the draft school year calendar online on the UCDSB website or contact Jennifer Lloyd at 613-342-0371 ext. 1183 or email@example.com for a PDF copy.
Feedback from the consultation and any adjustments to the draft of the proposed calendar will be brought forward to the Board of Trustees in late March. The calendar requires the approval of the Board of Trustees and must be submitted to the Ministry of Education for their authorization by May 1.