OTTAWA — The Ottawa Police Service Sexual Assault and Child Abuse (SACA) Section has charged a 41-year-old man as part of an ongoing investigation into allegations of child sexual assaults.
The investigation began February 1, when a victim came forward to report the abuse.
The victims came forward based on a January 30, news release issued by the Ottawa Police Service where charges were laid by the OPS Internet Child Exploitation Unit (ICE) in relation to Child Pornography charges.
Danyiel “Dan” Walker, 41, of Ottawa has been charged with 37 criminal offences. The charges include:
- Aggravated Sexual Assault
- Sexual Assault
- Sexual Exploitation
- Sexual Interference
- Sexual Interference with a person under the age of 14 years
- Sexual Interference with a person under the age of 16 years
- Permit person under 14 years old on premises for sexual activity
- Permit person under 16 years old on premises for sexual activity
- Secretly observe and record person nude, Sexual Exploitation
- Corrupting Children
- Making sexually explicit material available to a child
- Expose genitals to a person under 16 years old for a sexual purpose
- Indecent Act
- Invitation to Sexual Touching
- Invitation to sexual touching under 14 years old
- Invitation to sexual touching under 16 years old
- Commit an indecent act with intent to insult or offend another
These charges relate to multiple incidents involving four male victims ranging in age from 6 to 24-years-old, including a child with disabilities.
The incidents are alleged to have occurred in Ottawa between 2004 and 2019.
Walker will appear in court today for a bail hearing.
Investigators are concerned there could be more victims and ask anyone with information related to this case to come forward.