SOUTH DUNDAS — The Council of the Municipality of South Dundas has announced the impact of the 2019 budget.
The average residential property taxpayer in South Dundas with a Current Value Assessment (CVA) of $206,277 should experience a 1.41 percent — or $14.26 — increase over 2018 for Municipal purposes only.
In addition to ongoing operations and maintenance, some details of the 2019 Municipal budget include:
- 2019 donations to community organizations and agencies totalling $17,200;
- Formula Funding under the Ontario Community Infrastructure Fund increase of $142,192 totalling $410,219 for 2019;
- Federal Gas Tax allocation for 2019 totalling $328,632, financing road and facility projects within the 2019 budget;
- Roads needs study to determine the overall condition of the road network and to make informed decisions on improvements to Municipal infrastructure;
- Ontario Street reconstruction including water & sewer line work in conjunction with the Clean Water & Wastewater Fund.
- $150,000 contribution to the Public Works Sidewalk Upgrade Program
- Haldane & Meadowbrook park beautification
- Rehabilitation of the Morrisburg Clock Tower along with an addition of an accessible washroom;
- Installation of roadside banners in Williamsburg and Brinston;
- Debt payments for the Industrial Park Expansion through Infrastructure Ontario until 2028;
- Creation of a contract Community Program Coordinator position;
- Hiring of a Youth Engagement Intern with funding from the Rural Ontario Institute;
- Continued investment into the Morrisburg and Iroquois Waterfronts.
Municipal services have been maintained, with new projects anticipated to be completed in 2019. The budget was approved at the March 5, Council meeting, and the final tax rates will be calculated for the final billing in June. The 2018 Financial Audit is expected to be conducted in April 2019 and delivered to Council thereafter to highlight the activity in 2018 and the financial position of the Municipality.
For more information regarding budgets and reports, please visit www.southdundas.com.