PRESCOTT — A driver was charged after several complaints from members of the public were made about erratic driving eastbound on Highway 401 near Cardinal on March 20 shortly after 2 p.m.
Officers located and stopped the vehicle east of Prescott. After an investigation with a non-compliant driver.
Stephanie Maisey, 32, of Chapman Township, was charged with:
- Obstruct Peace Officer Criminal Code charge 129(a)
- Possession of Schedule I Substance CDSA s. 4(1)
- Possession of Schedule I Substance. CDSA s. 4(1)
- Unsafe move – lane or shoulder contrary to s. 154(1)(a) of the Highway Traffic Act,
- Fail to surrender permit contrary to s. 7(5)(a) of the Highway Traffic Act.
- Fail to surrender insurance card contrary to s. 3(1) of the Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act.
- Drive while under suspension contrary to s. 53(1) of the Highway Traffic Act
She is scheduled to appear in Brockville court on April 17.
Police rely on the public to report crimes, and poor driving is a crime that should be treated no differently. If you see someone driving dangerously or suspect that someone is driving or about to drive impaired, call 911 and report it.