OTTAWA — From early November 2018 to late January 2019, the Ottawa Police Service Internet Child Exploitation Unit (ICE) received several reports from various social media platforms in relation to the distribution of images of Child Pornography.
Subsequent investigation and production orders on the Internet Service Providers revealed that the offences occurred at an address in the area of Carleton Square in Ottawa.
On Thursday, March 28, a search warrant was executed at that address. Electronics devices were forensically examined that revealed an extensive collection of child pornography.
With the assistance of the Cornwall Police Service, the wanted suspect was located and arrested in their jurisdiction.
Kyle Carriere, 30, of Ottawa, is charged by Ottawa ICE Unit with:
* Possession of Child Pornography s. 163.1(4) of the Criminal Code x5
* Breach sex offence condition order s. 161 (4) of the Criminal Code x2
Additional charges were laid by Cornwall Police Service:
* Possession of property obtained by crime s. 355(b) of the Criminal Code x1
* Unauthorized possession of a weapon s. 91(2) of the Criminal Code x1
* Possession of schedule I s. 4(1) of the CDSA x1
* Trafficking in substance schedule I s.5(2) of the CDSA x1
Kyle Carriere remains in custody in Ottawa.
He has connections to Cornwall, Newmarket, York, Toronto and the Ottawa area. The investigation continues.
Anonymous tips can be submitted by calling Crime Stoppers toll-free at 1-800-222-8477 or downloading the Ottawa Police app.