CASSELMAN — A suspicious vehicle was stopped on Hwy. 417 eastbound near Casselman on April 2, shortly after midnight.
The investigation revealed that the driver was in contravention of the Ontario Cannabis Act, resulting in a search of the vehicle. The search uncovered nearly 5000 packets each containing one gram of concentrated cannabis, several containers of cannabis resin and over $4000 of Canadian currency. The drugs seized had a total value of nearly $170,000.
As a result of the investigation, Joey Markus Seguin, 24-years-old, from Cornwall was arrested and charged with:
- Possession of illicit cannabis CA 8(1)(b);
- Possession for the purpose of distributing CA 9(2);
- Possessing cannabis for the purpose of selling CA 10(2);
- Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime under $5000 – in Canada CC 354(1)(a);
- Drive vehicle or boat with cannabis readily available CCA 2017 12(1) and
- Possession of over 30g dried cannabis (or equivalent) in a public place CA 8(1)(a)
The accused is scheduled to appear in L’Orignal court on April 24.