Sexual Exploitation Charges Laid
SOUTH DUNDAS — As a result of a sexual assault investigation conducted by members of the Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry Ontario Provincial Police, a 40-year-old male resident of South Dundas was arrested on June 4. Investigation indicated the male had requested sexual touching from a young female known to him.
The 40-year-old male resident of South Dundas faces charges of:
– Sexual Exploitation
– Invitation to sexual touching under 16 years of age
He was released and is scheduled to appear in Cornwall court on June 27.
The above charges are in relation to incidents involving a young girl.
The name of the accused is being withheld in order to protect the identity of the victim.
NORTH DUNDAS — A 28-year-old female was charged with impaired driving after a single-vehicle collision occurred shortly after 1 a.m. on June 4, on River Rd in North Dundas.
Investigation revealed that the adult driver was under the influence of alcohol and had left the scene of the accident.
Amelya Wawatie of Nepean, was arrested and is charged with;
– Drive a Motor Vehicle while Impaired
– Drive a Motor Vehicle with over 80 Milligrams of Alcohol in blood
– Fail To Remain (Highway traffic Act)
– Fail to report accident (HTA)
– Drive Motor Vehicle – no validated permit (HTA)
– Class G1 driver – Unaccompanied by qualified driver (HTA)
– Class G1 driver – drive unlawful hour
– Novice driver – B.A.C above zero
-Operate a motor vehicle without insurance (CAIA)
– Driver – fail to properly wear a seatbelt (HTA)
The accused was released and is scheduled to appear in Cornwall court on July 9.
SOUTH DUNDAS — SD&G OPP responded to a disturbance at a business on Highway 401, South Dundas on June 6, shortly after 1 a.m.
Investigation revealed that the adult driver was under the influence of alcohol and had stolen items from the business.
Arthur Kujawiak, 30, of Vaudreuil-Dorion, Quebec was arrested and is charged with;
– Drive a motor vehicle while impaired
– Drive a motor vehicle with over 80 milligrams of alcohol in blood
– Theft under $5000
The accused was released and is scheduled to appear in Cornwall court July 11.
Traffic Stop Results in Charges
NORTH GLENGARRY — A vehicle was stopped by SD&G OPP on Dominion St., North Glengarry on June 4 shortly after 11 a.m. A check of the driver revealed his driving privileges were disqualified stemming from previous driving related offences.
Jason Groleau, 39, of Ottawa, was arrested and is charged with;
– Drive Disqualified
– Operate a motor vehicle without insurance (CAIA)
– Drive while under suspension (HTA)
– Drive Motor Vehicle – no validated permit(HTA)
– Driving a motor vehicle with liquor readily available (Liquor Licence Act)
He was released and scheduled to appear in Alexandria court on July 10.
Charges laid in relation to Break-In
SOUTH GLENGARRY — SD&G OPP responded to a report of break-in in progress at a residence in South Glengarry on June 4, shortly after 10 p.m.
Investigation indicated that adult accused entered a residence and was confronted by the homeowner. Police located the male within the home and arrested the accused. Once in custody the accused threatened officers on scene.
Lorne Thaw, 40, of North Glengarry, was located, arrested and is charged with;
– Unlawfully in a dwelling house
– Mischief Under – $5000
– Trespassing at night
– Intimidation – justice system – justice system participant
– Utter threats – cause death or bodily harm
He was held in custody and is scheduled to a court appearance in Cornwall June 5.