SOUTH GOWER — Cash, wallet and personal identification items were stolen when culprit(s) smashed a window of a vehicle on July 9, around 10 p.m. during a ballgame at the South Gower Ballpark, South Gower.
Two similar incidents have occurred recently.
The first occurred on June 30, around 3 p.m. When a van’s back window was smashed in the parking lot of a business, on Cty. Rd. 43, Kemptville.
The second occurred the same day a short time later at the Burritts Rapids Lock Station on River Rd., Burritts Rapids. Two purses were stolen from the rear of the vehicle.
An investigation continues.
Grenville County OPP is encouraging citizens to “Lock It OR Lose It” and to take precautions to protect their vehicle contents from theft.
By taking simple preventative measures, such as confirming your vehicle is locked and by placing items of value out of sight or removing valuable items from your vehicle altogether, victimization can be avoided.
You can help prevent theft by following some crime prevention tips:
- Always roll up your vehicle’s windows, lock the doors and pocket the key.
- If you have a garage, use it and lock the door as well as your vehicle.
- Keep your vehicle registration certificate/proof of insurance on you at all times.
- Always park your vehicle in a well-lit area.
- Never leave valuable objects or packages in full view. Put them in the trunk.
- Never leave your vehicle unattended while it is running.