PRESCOTT — Over the course of the summer of 2019, Grenville County OPP have been investigating a crime spree of thefts from vehicles and break and enters in and around the Prescott-area.
Video surveillance was obtained when one of the culprits attempted to pay at a local store with a stolen credit card.
The culprit re-attended a local store on August 4 and police were called. The male attempted to flee but he was arrested by the officers. In his possessions were numerous items connecting him to multiple crime scenes throughout Prescott and surrounding areas.
Joey Robinson, 32, of Prescott, was arrested and charged with;
- Two counts of Trespassing by Night contrary to s. 177 Criminal Code (CC)
- Eight counts of Theft Under $5000 from Motor vehicle contrary to s. 334(b) CC
- Two counts of Theft Under $5000 contrary to s.334(b) CC
- Six counts of Possession of property obtained by crime contrary to s. 354(1)(a) CC
- Three counts of Fraud Under $5000 contrary to s.380(1)(b) CC
- Four counts of Break, Enter dwelling house – commit indictable offence contrary to s.348(1)(b) CC
- Theft of Credit Card contrary to s.342(1)(a)
- Use of Credit Card contrary to s.342(1)(c)
- Mischief Under $5000 contrary to s.430(4) CC
- Carrying Concealed weapon contrary to s.90 CC
- Possession Break In Instruments contrary to s. 351(1)
- Resist Peace Officer contrary to s.129(a)
He was held in custody pending an appearance in the Ontario Court of Justice in Brockville.
Anyone with information on the above or any other crime is asked to call Grenville OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.