SOUTH GLENGARRY — SD&G OPP officers located a vehicle parked in the Glen Walter area, South Glengarry shortly after 4 p.m. on August 3. The vehicle drew their attention because it had been involved in an earlier interaction with Quebec police.
The lone male in the vehicle attempted to flee causing damage to two OPP vehicles and assaulted two officers. Upon being taken into custody the accused was transported to hospital for minor injuries. The officers sustained minor injuries.
As a result of the investigation, Joshua Tucker-Lauzon, 20, of Niagara Falls, was charged with;
- Two counts of Fail to Comply with Probation Order
- Four counts of Fail to Comply with Recognizance
- Two counts of Assault with a Weapon
- Two counts of Assault with Intent to Resist Arrest
- One count of Operation While Prohibited
- One Dangerous Operation of A Motor Vehicle
- Two counts of Mischief
- One count of Operating a Motor Vehicle while Impaired
- One count of Driving While Under Suspension
The accused is being held in police custody for a bail hearing to appear in Cornwall court.