CORNWALL — The 2019 Eastern Ontario Local Food Conference is coming to Cornwall and everyone is invited. The City of Cornwall, the United Counties of Stormont Dundas and Glengarry, and the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs are pleased to bring this unique regional local food event to the NAV Centre in Cornwall on November 13-14.
Who should attend?
- Farmers, food entrepreneurs, retailers, restaurants, and supporting businesses that are participating in the local food economy.
- Food service providers in public sector institutions interested in sourcing more local food.
- Municipal staff and political leaders who want to grow their agriculture and food economy, and share their experiences with others.
- Supporting businesses, services, and organizations who are dedicated to the success of local food projects.
- Policy-makers who want to understand how their work can enable a thriving agriculture and food economy.
- Anyone who wants to learn more about this active and growing sector in Eastern Ontario.
- Supporters who want to experience what the region has to offer.
- Three incredible local food tours to choose from: Akwesasne, Cornwall/SDG and the Highlands, and Cornwall/SDG and the Seaway. Local food reception at the NAV Centre, where you will be treated to a wide variety of the region’s best local food offerings.
- Keynote speaker Tareq Hadhad of Peace by Chocolate. He will be sharing his experiences of rebuilding his family’s business in rural Canada after fleeing their native Syria. His message is one of hope, resilience, and inclusion.
- A visionary plenary discussion on “The Future of Local Food in Eastern Ontario”.
- Funding and Financing for Local Food Projects
- Building your Value-Added Food Business
- The Municipal Role in Agriculture Economic Development
- Innovation in Retail and Public Sector Food Service: Making Space for Local
- Welcoming Newcomer Food Entrepreneurs in Rural Places
- Workforce Development in the Agri-Food Sector
- Agri-Tourism Trends and Opportunities
- First Nations Food and Community Projects
- Regional Food Policy Organizations: updates and best practices.
Details and registration here: www.eastontlocalfood.com