NORTH GLENGARRY — A former North Glengarry Township employee is facing several charges following a lengthy OPP investigation into allegations of municipal corruption and fraud.
In a press release issued today, the OPP reports the charges against Sandra Cameron, 62, of North Glengarry — the outcome of an investigation launched Nov. 9, 2017, after a complaint relating “to the results of an internal audit conducted by the township. The allegations were of corruption and fraud by a then township employee.”
The OPP says that Cameron is charged with:
• Breach of Trust, contrary to section 122 of the Criminal Code of Canada;
• Mischief to Computer Data contrary to section 430(5) of the Criminal Code of Canada;
• Fraud Over $5,000 contrary to section 380(1) of the Criminal Code of Canada;
• False Pretense / Statement contrary to section 362(1)(c) of the Criminal Code of Canada; and
• Utter Forged Document contrary to section 368(1)(a) of the Criminal Code of Canada.
She’s scheduled to appear Dec. 4 in Alexandria court.
The Ottawa Unit of the OPP Anti-Rackets Branch and the the SD&G OPP Crime Unit took part in the investigation.