SEAWAY VALLEY — The Seaway Valley Singers have once allocated funds to their Student Bursary Program for 2020. The bursaries provide direct support to students of music who are currently attending or have enrolled in any full-time studies program at a post-secondary institution. This year two bursaries of $250 each will be awarded to deserving students. Applications will be reviewed by the Seaway Valley Singers’ Bursary Committee.
To be considered for the Bursary, students must meet all of the following criteria:
- be a resident of Eastern Ontario;
- be currently enrolled, or accepted as of September 2020, in full-time studies in any program at a post-secondary institution (proof of registration or acceptance is required);
- if not enrolled in a post-secondary Music program, take music lessons or instruction privately;
- attend the Seaway Valley Singers’ Spring Concert on Saturday evening, May 2, for the bursary presentation, as well as assist at the concert;
- not have been a recipient of this Bursary the previous year.
To apply for the bursary, students must submit the following:
- A completed Application Form;
- Proof of registration or acceptance in a post-secondary establishment
- A brief letter explaining why the Bursary is needed, including musical goals and aspirations
- A letter of support from a counselor, teacher, instructor, professor, dean, etc. (non-family member)
Bursary applications must be submitted to the Seaway Valley Singers with all supporting documentation scanned or attached no later than April 10, 2020:
By mail to:
SVS Student Bursary Program
P.O. Box 671
Morrisburg ON K0C 1C0
or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit the Seaway Valley Singers website.