Nation Valley News
DUNDAS & STORMONT COUNTIES — The community needs to help businesses survive now more than ever. Nation Valley News wants to do our part in keeping local businesses open and our public informed during this difficult time.
Many businesses have been compelled to close or cut back immensely on staff.
The few that are open, restaurants in particular, are only open on a pick up, takeout, or delivery basis.
Here is a list of some of the local restaurants that are still open:
- Cup of Jo’s — 515, Main St. Winchester – 613-441-2007
- Milano Pizzeria — 506 Main St. Winchester – 613-774-2727
- Iron Forge — 500 Main St. E., Winchester – 613-774-1234
- Mary’s Restaurant — 513 St. Lawrence St., Winchester – 613-774-3733
- Louis’ Restaurant — 1 King St., Chesterville – 613-448-2051
- Tim Hortons — Winchester – 12105 Main St.
- — Morrisburg – 12407 County Rd. 2
- Simply Baked Catering — 493 Main St., Winchester – 613909-7211
- Winchelsea Events — 1567 Hwy. 31, Winchester – 774-1998
- Papa Gus’s — 25A Main St. N., Chesterville – 613-448-1444
- County Line (MacEwens) — Selling whole pizzas takeout only
- Fat Les’s — 80 County Rd. 43, Finch – 613-984-2020
- The Finch Restaurant — 44 Front St., Finch – 613-984-1444
- Snack Shack — 12451 County Rd. 2, Morrisburg – 613-360-6061
- Pizza Castle — 55 Main St., Morrisburg – 613-543-0025
- Brinston General Store — 4141 County Rd. 6, Brinston – 613-652-2482
Jo-Ann Houle, owner of Cup of Jo’s in Winchester says they are still open. She prefers that customers call ahead but can also walk-in with an order as well, “We are still offering our full menu. Right now we have a breakfast sandwich special for March Break. Buy one get one free.”
“You can come in and pick it up, you just can’t stay here,” she added.
Other restaurants such as Fat Les’s Chip Stand in Finch and Snack Shack in Morrisburg took to Facebook to let their customers know they are still open.
“We are still open for business with deliveries and pickups. We locked the doors and opened our service window to try and keep our staff and customers as healthy as we can,” according to Fat Les’s Facebook page.
Snack Shack in Morrisburg had a similar post and even offered to waive their delivery fee for out-of-towners, “We will be open today (Wednesday) through Sunday for business as usual. We will remain closed on Mondays & Tuesdays until further notice. We will waive our delivery fee for out of town orders at this time provided it is a minimum order of $15 until further notice.”
Editor’s Note: Please note that some of the restaurant names listed above are linked to their Facebook page or menu. Although we would have loved to include them all some were not available.
Editted to include Simply Baked Catering and Winchelsea Events in Winchester.