Schools to stay closed past April 6th, says Premier Ford; also closing all non-essential businesses effective Tuesday night

TORONTO — Ontario students won’t be returning to school on April 6th, Premier Doug Ford said today, describing that timeline now as “unrealistic” as the COVID-19 crisis continues to deepen.

Elementary and secondary pupils have just begun what was to be an additional two weeks off beyond last week’s March Break.

Below, the premier acknowledges that children will be out of school beyond April 6th.

Earlier this month, the Ford government shut down schools through April 6 as a precautionary measure.

In another ratcheting up of the battle against the virus, the premier also decreed today that all non-essential workplaces are to close effective 11:59 p.m. March 24.

At the beginning of the video below, the premier announces the impending closure of all non-essential businesses starting 11:59 p.m. tomorrow (March 24).

Scroll down to share this article. Scroll down to search nationvalleynews.com. Scroll down to comment.