CHESTERVILLE — The OPP East Region Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU) seized illegal drugs and weapons during an early-morning raid at a Queen Street West home here today, also arresting a man who now faces several charges.
Police say that officers seized a quantity of suspected methamphetamine (crystal meth) and a number of unknown pills, along with two rifles, three BB guns, a .22 calibre rifle, ammunition, a bow and arrow, a sword, knives, a cell phone and scales. Police also point out that the BB guns and .22 resemble higher calibre weapons.
The OPP reports that Chesterville resident Christopher McRoberts, 42, is charged with:
- Possession of a firearm or ammunition contrary to a prohibition order – sec. 117.01(1) – three counts;
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose – sec. 88;
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm – sec.91(1) – two counts;
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000 – Criminal Code (CC) sec. 354(1)(a);
- Fail to comply with a probation order – CC sec. 733.1(1) – two counts;
- Possession of a Schedule 1 substance for the purpose of trafficking -sec. 5(2) (under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act).
The accused has been released to appear July 7 at the Ontario Court of Justice in Morrisburg.
Two other individuals found in the home were released unconditionally.
Members of the CSCU were assisted by the OPP Tactics and Rescue Unit (TRU), OPP Emergency Response Team (ERT) and OPP Canine Unit in today’s action.
Images below and at top of article were supplied by the OPP.