WINCHESTER — Earlier this week the Ontario Government and Health Authorities have announced the opening of essential retail hardware and garden centre outlets as of Saturday May 9. Although stores will be opened to the public, Winchester BMR has implemented many restrictions and precautions for everyone’s safety.
The store will be closed Friday, May 8, in preparation for the Saturday opening. The yard gates and store will be closed. No phone calls or emails will be answered as staff will be working on cleaning, sanitizing, stocking and aisle set up for customer traffic.
Customers will be required to follow directional signage for entering, shopping and exiting the store. The parking lot will be rearranged to accommodate a line-up area for customers waiting to enter the store, and a drive thru line for curbside pickup customers. Please follow signage as marked.
Winchester BMR will be open to the public as of 7:30 a.m. this Saturday May 9. All access to the store will be through the front main entrance only. At this time there will be no access to the garden center from the parking lot, only from the inside of the store. Country Treasures will remain closed for now with curbside pick-up only.
These additional precautions will be in place until further notice:
- Only 20 customers allowed in store at a time
- All customers must wash hands at time of entry – no exceptions
- Customers to follow directions signage as posted – not all areas of the store will be accessible
- Customers must practice 2-meter physical distancing
- No returns will be accepted at this time
- Their employees will be wearing face shields or masks when needed. Customers are encouraged to wear masks or shields when entering the store.
- There will be no public access to washrooms
- Customers are asked to limit their stay in the store to 20 minutes, this gives those waiting to get into the store from the outside line an opportunity to get what they need also
- No cash transactions, debit/credit only
- Expect a wait, please be patient, and respect the employees working to serve you. Disrespectful behaviour will not be tolerated
- Customers lining up outside must follow physical distancing markings
- They recommend only one person from a household enter the store
They will continue to offer curbside pickup for those who wish to continue to shop this way. We will have a curbside pick-up lane in front of the store- follow directional signs. All curbside pickups must be phoned, faxed or emailed in. No orders will be taken in the parking lot/drive thru lane. Expect a 3-hour minimum time for order preparation.
They recommend that lumber orders use the curbside process to order-pick up or delivery.
Monday-Friday 7:30-5 p.m.
Saturday 7:30-4 p.m.
Sunday 10-4 p.m.
Phone 613-774-2700, Fax 613-774-1467