SOUTH DUNDAS – A 21-year-old Chesterville resident is being held in police custody after being charged with multiple offenses following a single-vehicle crash on Hwy. 31, South Dundas.
The crash occurred shortly before 9 a.m. on June 20. Police say the driver of the vehicle failed to remain at the scene but was located by officers a short distance away.
The driver, Roxane Hanson, was found to be in possession of suspected methamphetamine and the vehicle was stolen.
According to police further investigation revealed the driver was also wanted for several other offences including the theft of a North Dundas Township pick-up truck, which was again found at an abandoned collision. The driver was also breaching previous release conditions.
Roxanne Hanson, 21, of Chesterville, was arrested and charged with;
– Possession of a Controlled Substance
– Theft over $5000
– Break and enter
– Possession of property obtained by crime – under $5000
– Take motor vehicle without consent
– 20 counts of Fail to comply with conditions of a probation order
– Fail to remain (Highway Traffic Act)
The driver was held in custody and scheduled to appear in Cornwall court.