SOUTH GLENGARRY — A 28-year-old has been charged after fleeing from police during an attempt to stop him for a traffic violation, shortly before 3:30 p.m. on June 27, on Hwy. 40, South Glengarry.
The vehicle failed to comply with the request to stop and continued on, the officers utilized a tire deflation device, but the driver continued on. The driver was arrested shortly thereafter.
No injuries occurred to the accused or officers.
Mohamad Ibrahim, 28, of Windsor, was arrested and is charged with:
– Flight while pursued by peace officers
– Dangerous Operation of a motor vehicle
– Fail to comply with conditions of a probation order
– Drive motor vehicle – no validated permit – Highway Traffic Act
– Drive motor vehicle – no plates – HTA
– Fail to surrender permit for motor vehicle – HTA
– Fail to stop for police – HTA
– Careless driving – HTA
– Operate unsafe vehicle – HTA
– Driver fail to surrender licence – HTA
– Three counts of Driving under suspension – HTA
The accused was held in custody for bail and was scheduled to appear in Cornwall court.