CORNWALL – The United Counties of SDG administration building in Cornwall will reopen to the public July 13, with specific protocols to ensure physical distancing and other COVID-19 mitigation measures are followed. The building will be open from 9 a.m. to noon, and 1 to 4 p.m. Monday to Friday.
The County Administration Building was shuttered this spring to protect against the spread of the pandemic. Staff continued working remotely until June 1, when they then returned to the building.
“We are pleased to welcome back County residents and others having business at the County Administration Building,” said Warden Frank Prevost. “We also thank these individuals for their patience and their cooperation when it comes to adhering to our COVID-19 mitigation policies.”
Visitors to the County Administration Building must:
- Wear a mask as required by order of the Eastern Ontario Health Unit.
- Sanitize hands upon entry with the provided sanitizer.
- Follow hand and respiratory etiquette while on-site.
- Practice two-metre physical distancing.
- Be courteous and yield to others in close quarters.
- Limit the number of visitors to only those required to be present.
- Pay with a card instead of cash, when possible.
- Remain home if showing signs of illness, awaiting COVID-19 test results, or if you have been in close contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19.
“These protocols will protect our visitors, staff and others while helping to stamp out the spread of COVID- 19,” said CAO Tim Simpson. “As we move into this new normal, we will continue to evaluate our protocols and make changes as required.”
Although fine payments will be accepted at the administration building as of July 13, we continue to encourage the public to make payments online at sdgcounties.ca. Note that proceedings at the Provincial Offences Court at the County Administration Building remain postponed and the court is not sitting. For information on court matters check our website or call 613-932-1515, ext. 253.