SOUTH DUNDAS — A 34-year-old has been charged with a large slew of offences after failing to stop for a traffic violation.
SD&G OPP attempted to stop a vehicle for a traffic violation around 2 p.m. on County Road 18, South Stormont.
The driver failed to stop, continued on driving recklessly, and then left the roadway and fled on foot. The driver was arrested shortly thereafter by officers. Further investigation resulted in the seizure of a quantity of suspected cocaine and opioids from the driver.
No injuries occurred to the accused or officers.
Kyle Shaver was arrested and is charged with:
– CC 129(a) Obstruct Peace Officer
– CC 320.13(1) Dangerous operation
– CC 320.16(1) Failure to stop after accident
– CC 320.17 Flight from peace officer
– CC 320.18(1)(b) Operation While Prohibited – Legal Restriction from any other Act of Parliament or Provincial Law
– CC 354(1)(a) Possession Property Obtained by Crime Over $5,000 – in Canada
– CC 86(1) Careless storage of ammunition
– CDSA 4(1) Possession of a Schedule I Substance – Opioid (other than heroin)
– CDSA 4(1) Possession of a Schedule I Substance- Cocaine
– CDSA 5(2) Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking
– HTA 138(1) Fail to yield – yield sign
– HTA 154(1)(a) Fail to drive in marked lane
– HTA 172(1) Race a motor vehicle – Excessive Speed
– HTA 172(1) Race a motor vehicle-Stunt (cause tires to lose traction)
– HTA 200(1)(a) Fail to remain
– HTA 53(1) Driving while under suspension
– LLA 32(1) Driving motor vehicle with liquor readily available
– LLA 32(1) Driving motor vehicle with open container of liquor
The accused was held in custody for bail and was scheduled to appear in Cornwall court.