SOUTH GLENGARRY — A North York man faces several charges after being pulled over for speeding shortly after 10 p.m. on August 9, on Hwy. 401, South Glengarry.
Investigation revealed that the adult driver was under the influence of alcohol. The driver then refused to provide a breath sample for the roadside screening device upon request from police.
Sohail Azaryan, 36, of North York, was arrested and is charged with;
– Failure or refusal to comply with demand
– Have care or control of a vehicle with open container of liquor – LLA
– Speeding – 148km/hr in a 100km/hr zone – HTA
The accused was released from custody pending an appearance in Alexandria court on October 7.
SOUTH GLENGARRY — SD&G OPP intercepted a vessel on the St. Lawrence River in South Glengarry shortly after 10 p.m. on August 8.
Investigation revealed that the adult driver was under the influence of alcohol.
Jamie Lafave, 31, of Cornwall, was arrested and is charged with;
– Operation while Impaired – alcohol
– Operation while impaired – blood alcohol concentration – plus 80
– Have care or control of a vehicle or boat with cannabis readily available – CCA
The accused was released from custody pending an appearance in Cornwall court on October 6.