NORTH DUNDAS — Police seized nearly 100 cannabis plants at a County Rd. 43 address yesterday, charging one man with a number of offences.
Officers with the OPP East Region Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU), the OPP Tactics and Rescue Unit (TRU) and Emergency Response Team executed the search warrant at the site west of Winchester.
In addition to the cannabis plants, quantities of processed cannabis and cannabis shake were also seized.
The SD&G OPP detachment reports that North Dundas resident Robert Hunter, 43, faces the following Criminal Code charges:
• Possession of a firearm or ammunition contrary to prohibition order – sec. 117.01(1) – three counts
• Firearm-used while committing offence – sec. 85(1)(a)
• Careless use of a firearm – sec. 86(1)
• Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose – sec. 88
• Unauthorized possession of a firearm – sec. 91(1)
• Occupy a motor vehicle knowing there was a firearm – sec. 94
He’s also charged under section 12(4)(b) of the Cannabis Act with Cultivate, propagate or harvest more than four cannabis plants.
The accused was released to appear Dec. 1 in Morrisburg court.