EASTERN ONTARIO — Hiring? Think inclusively!
October is National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM), and the Ontario Disability Employment Network (ODEN) uses this month to highlight the importance of hiring people with disabilities and inclusively.
The 2020 NDEAM campaign points the spotlight on diversity-conscious businesses and owners who understand the Power of Inclusion in not only their workplace but also their community.
This year’s campaign theme is The Power of Inclusion, notes Ottawa-based Innovative Community Support Services (ICSS) Employment Solutions, a proud member of ODEN. ICSS Employment Solutions works with many individuals with disabilities — to not only get them employed but to make them feel needed, part of a team, and contributors within their community.
Are you a member of the public or a business owner and want to show your support for this wonderful initiative and resource? Here are a few easy ways you can show your support:
• Light up your house, yard, or business with blue or purple lights to help shed light on the Power of Inclusion.
• Be sure to make the public aware you are an equal opportunity employer
• Share social media posts, stories, and information with your family and friends
• Be sure to hire inclusively and show that your business is diverse
• Help fight the stigma and debunk the myths and instead think about making a difference in not only the lives of those with disabilities but across the country. Hire inclusively and show the world the Power of Inclusion!
Organizers are also highlighting some open-minded business owners that proudly employ some of local clients of ICSS Employment Solutions:
• Sno-works, Orleans
• Crossfit Fortis, Orleans
• Proulx Maple and Berry Farm, Cumberland
• City View Retirement Community, Nepean
• Dollar Tree, Gloucester
• Foodland, Russell
ICSS Employment Solutions
ICSS Employment Solutions finds and retains employment for individuals with various developmental disabilities. The non-individualized support for job seekers that have anywhere from little to no experience to those with lots of experience that are looking for more than just a job but a career.
The non-profit, charitable organization aids them in developing their skills and building up their confidence — benefitting clients but potential employers as well. ICSS says employers can have confidence hiring its job seekers, knowing the organization is there to support both job seeker and employer. ICSS takes care of implementing any accommodations or tools that job seekers may need to be successful in the workplace.
Are you an employer or a job seeker in need of help? Contact ICSS Employment Solutions to find the right employee/employer for any job! “At ICSS Employment Solutions … Everybody Works!”