RUSSELL TOWNSHIP— The OPP made a significant drug bust last week (Feb 26.) in Vars after responding to an ambulance assistance call at a business on Burton Road.
A motorist there had been using drugs and was severely impaired, according to the Russell County detachment, which reports the arrest of 33-year-old Tawnya Brunette of Cornwall.
Once Brunette was transported to a station for further testing, officers examined the vehicle and allegedly found $18,500 worth of several different drugs and $6,800 in Canadian currency. Police say they seized crack cocaine, cocaine, crystal methamphetamine, methamphetamine pills, psilocybin (mushrooms), oxycodone pills, ecstasy, and cannabis from the vehicle.
Brunette was charged with the following:
• Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking – Cocaine
• Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking – Methamphetamine5(2);
• Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking – Other Drugs
• Possession of a Schedule III substance for the purpose of Trafficking
• Possession of a Schedule I Substance – Other Drugs
• Possession Property Obtained by Crime Over $5,000
• Operation while impaired – alcohol and drugs
• Failure or refusal to comply with demand
The accused will appear in L’Orignal at a later date.