SOUTH DUNDAS — A South Dundas man faces multiple Criminal Code charges in connection with a break and enter in which several firearms were stolen from a Municipality of North Grenville location last month.
Following a police investigation, OPP Community Street Crime units from two Eastern Ontario detachments teamed up March 26 to execute a search warrant at a South Dundas residence, where stolen property was recovered, including several firearms. The OPP East Region Tactics and Rescue Unit also took part in the raid occurring shortly after 9 a.m.
Police consequently report the arrest of South Dundas resident Randy Froats, 26. He’s charged with the Criminal Code offences of:
• Careless use of a firearm (five counts)
• Unauthorized possession a of firearm (five counts)
• Possession of a prohibited weapon, device, or ammunition
• Possession contrary to order
• Break and enter, with intent to commit indictable offence
• Fail to comply with Probation Order
The accused was held for a video bail hearing on March 27.
Police say their investigation is still ongoing and that anyone with information is asked to contact the OPP at 1-888-310-1122.
To report information anonymously, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-(TIPS) 8477 or submit tips online at www.ontariocrimestoppers.ca. Crime Stoppers does not want your name, you don’t go to court, and you could earn a cash reward.