SOUTH STORMONT — Following an investigation conducted by members of the SD&G OPP, a 45-year old male resident of South Stormont was arrested on April 14th. Allegedly, the investigation indicated the male had sexually touched a young female known to him on multiple occasions.
The 45-year old male faces charges of:
- Sexual Assault
- Invitation to sexual touching under 16 years of age
- Two counts of Sexual Interference
- Sexual Assault on a person under 16 years of age
The accused was is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Cornwall court on April 15th. Names are being withheld to protect the identity of the victim.
NORTH STORMONT — On April 13th, officers from the SD&G detachment of the provincial police intercepted a vehicle driving improperly on Highway 138 in North Stormont. Allegedly, the driver of the vehicle was under the influence of alcohol and breaching a conditional sentence order.
Subsequently, 22-year-old local Nicholas Trotman was charged with:
- Operation while impaired – alcohol and drugs
- Operation while impaired – over 80 milligrams
- Operate a motor vehicle with no insurance
Trotman appeared before the Ontario Court of Justice in Cornwall on April 14th.