SOUTH STORMONT — Police seized a hand gun, ammunition, stun gun, bear spray, crossbows and 29 long-gun firearms during a search warrant executed Nov. 19 at a Post Rd. address in South Stormont. Two people arrested at the location.
Officers with the SD&G OPP, SD&G Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU), Tactical Rescue Unit (TRU), Canine Unit (K9), Emergency Response Team (ERT), RCMP, Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) took part in the raid.
The local detachment reports that South Stormont resident Drake Cartier, 31, is charged with:
• Possession of weapon or ammunition for dangerous purpose – CC Section 88 – three counts
• Possession of a prohibited device or ammunition CC Section 92(2) – two counts
• Unauthorized possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm Section 91(1) – two counts
• Unauthorized possession of a weapon CC Section 91(2)
• Careless storage of a firearm – CC Section 86(1) – five counts
• Breach of firearms regulation – store firearm or restricted weapon – CC Section 86(2) -three counts
• Knowledge of unauthorized possession of a firearm – CC Section 92(1)
Cartier was held in custody to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Cornwall.
The detachment also reports that 35-year-old Cornwall resident Magen Archambault is charged with Failing to comply with an Undertaking.
Archambault was released to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Cornwall on a later date.